iPad intervention project
These 6 or 12 week specific intervention projects, will utilise mobile technology and are specifically planned to enable progress in the core subjects (Maths and Literacy). These projects are ideal for pupil's who may be struggling with areas of the curriculum and would perhaps benefit from an alternative approach, in order to help them make better progress. All projects will be adapted for the age group and learning needs of each individual child.
- Using games to enhance boys writing
- Using Screen Casting apps to develop maths
- Using the iPad to develop skills in reading
- Engaging reluctant writers through the use of virtual world apps
- Use of apps/games to develop skills in maths
- Using animation apps for story telling (ideal for EYFS and KS1)
- Developing writing skills through the making of an iPad game
These projects will be planned specifically around key objectives from the new Literacy/Numeracy curriculum. Please note that before the commencement of an intervention project, schools will be required to supply information, such as targets and current attainment levels, so that lessons can be differentiated towards the learning needs of the pupil's involved. Pupil's will be assessed at the beginning and end of the intervention, to give schools a measure of the impact made on pupil's progress.